Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Tart Shell ( make approximate 15 pieces)
150gm plain flour (sift)
100gm butter (chilled)
10gm milk powder
1/2 egg ( beaten )
20gm icing sugar (sift)
10gm custard powder
1. Add flour, milk powder, icing sugar, custard powder together.
2. Cut the chill butter into cube, add to the flour mixture. Use your finger tips
to mix until resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add in the egg to form into a dough, do not KNEAD. Mix lightly until the dough leaves the side of the mixing bowl. DO NOT OVER MIX.
4. If the dough is too soft, keep chill in the fridge until firm.
5. Roll out the dough in between 2 plastic sheet about 3mm thickness.
6. Cut roll dough with the ring cutter, put the cut dough into the tart mold and press lightly. Remove excess dough.
7. Prick lightly with a fork, bake in preheat oven at 180 deg c for 10 mins.
8. Remove from oven, pour the egg custard into the tart shell 3/4 full.
9. Bake at 180 deg c for 15 to 20 mins. remove from oven, cool slightly,
10. Remove form tart shell, put paper liner and cool on wire rack.
1 1/2 egg
5 tbsp milk
1 tbsp water
3/4 tsp custard powder + 1 tbsp water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix the custard powder with water, add in egg and beat slightly.
2. Heat the milk, water, sugar until sugar melt. Do not boil.
3. Add the milk to the egg and keep stirring, sieve egg custard, add vanilla extract.