Happy 10th Birthday to my dear son @ Christopher
Chocolate Almond Cupcake
120gm castor sugar
125gm cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
50mls hot milk
70gm ground almond
1. Pre heat oven to 180 deg c
2. Sift flour and baking powder, add ground almond and mix well.
3. Mix hot milk with cocoa powder and mix well.
4. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Add egg one at time and beat till well blended. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
6. Add cocoa mixture alternate with flour mixture.
7. Pour into cupcake liners and bake for 20 mins or until cook.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
9. Spread cream cheese icing and decorate.
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Bring cheese and butter to room temperature by letting it sit out for 1 or 2 hours
2. Sift powdered sugar 3 times into a bowl or onto parchment
3. Beat butter and cheese at medium speed until creamy
4. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined
5. Add vanilla and beat until combined
6. Add more sugar until you get to the consistency and sweetness you like