This cake is very soft and fluffy. Recipe source from here
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Recipe source from here
500 g flour
300 ml water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons condensed milk
1 tablespoon shortening ( I use butter)
Extra butter or margarine for coating
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Dissolve salt in water.
3. Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl, pour in the salt water bit by bit...
4. Knead the dough till soft and smooth dough is formed.
5. Make into 11 small balls.
6. Coat with margarine and keep for at least 2 hours. The longer the better. I kept it overnight in the fridge.
7. Pour some oil and margarine in a bowl.
8. Grease the table with a bit of oil and flatten one small dough. Spread a bit of oil on the flatten dough. Pull & stretch the dough slowly until it's transparent ( Since I can't do the flipping thingy like the mamak shop.
10. Pull the sides of the dough to get a thinner sheet. Sprinkle with a bit of # 7.
11. Bring the sides to the center.
12. ...to form a long dough.
13. Hold upwards and swirl it.
14. Leave it for half an hour.
15. Flatten it.
16. And keep it in a container, each piece must be layered with a small piece of plastic. Or otherwise, fry on a hot pan with a bit of oil.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Recipe source from here
14oz castor sugar
7oz hot water
1 tsp Nescafe powder
1 tsp hot water ( I leave till cool before use )
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp chocolate EMULCO
8 oz High protein flour( I used Superfine flour)
2 ½ oz cocoa powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 ½ tsp baking powder
Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs one by one.
Mix Nescafe powder with 1 tsp hot water .Then add in all the ingredient B .
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and sieve them. Fold in the dry ingredients t with a spatula little at a time until the dry ingredients are well combined with the batter.
Then start mix in hot water and stir until the mixture is creamy.
Place a spoonful into prepared paper cups and bake at 170C for about 20mins.
Or you can bake in a round pan ,in a preheat oven 170C for 50mins to an hour .
Decorate with melted chocolate and butter icing or chocolate rice.
250gm whip cream
300gm cooking chocolate
1 tbsp honey
Mix together and put in double boiler using low heat. Double boil until chocolate melt. Stir till well blend and decorate on cupcake.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
(A) 4 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
(B) 135gm cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp bicarbonate soda
(C) 110gm ripe banana - mash with a fork
75mls corn oil
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon rind
(D) 4 egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg c
2. Sift (B) twice
3. Cream (A) until sugar dissolve, add in (B) & (C)and beat until well blend
4. Beat egg white with cream of tartar until frothy, add sugar gradually
and beat until stiff peak
5. Fold half the egg white into the egg yolk mixture, fold gently with a rubber spatula, pour the remaining half egg white and fold until well blended
6. Pour batter into 20cm chiffon cake pan and bang the pan on hard surface to
release the bubbles and bake 180 deg c for 40 to 45 mins
7. When cake is cooked, remove from oven and invert the cake pan
8. Remove the cake from cake pan when it's completely cool