Monday, March 3, 2014

Chicken Rice

Chicken rice is of Hainanese Chinese origins. Aka Hainan chicken, or Hainanese chicken rice. It is based on a well known Hainanese dish called Wenchang chicken due to it being adopted by overseas Chinese. And was first popular in Hainan, China. And with the immigration of Hainanese people to other South East Asian countries, this dish as well of its several varieties or recipes spread to Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.

This is a very simple dish with bite sized steamed or poached chicken serve with fragrant rice and special dipping sauce. Here's my homemade chicken rice.


Amelia's Chicken Rice ( Serve 4 to 6 )
1 medium size ( 1.5kg ) chicken
2 tsp salt
1 in ginger
3 cloves garlic
1 stalk spring onion

Dressing
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
Mix the dressing ingredients together

Garnishing
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp chicken broth
Cucumber - slice thinly
Spring onion - chopped

1/  Wash and clean chicken. Trim off any access fat and skin. Keep the chicken fat. Discard the chicken head and feet.
2/  Wash and slice the ginger thinly. Not necessary to peel of the skin.
3/  Ex-foliate the outside and inner part of the chicken with salt. No need to rinse.



4/  Boil a large pot of water enough to submerse the whole chicken. Add the garlic, ginger, spring onion and chicken to the boiling water with breast side facing down.
5/  Cover the pot and boil the chicken for 10 mins using medium heat. Remove from heat and leave the chicken in the hot broth for 40 mins, please do not peep. If smaller chicken boil 10 mins and keep in hot broth for 30 mins. While waiting prepare the dipping sauce.

Serve the chicken rice on a bed of sliced cucumber, sprinkle some spring onion. Drizzle sesame oil and light soya sauce to enhance the flavor.

6/  After 30 to 40 mins, check the chicken by piercing the thighs with chopstick. If blood ooze out, boil the chicken for another 5 mins using medium heat. Remove from heat, leave the chicken in the hot broth for 10 to 15 mins and check again. If no blood ooze out from chicken thighs, the chicken is cooked.

Jacuzzi bathtub for chicken.

7/  Remove the chicken from the pot and shower with iced water. Then dip the chicken in the hot broth again for 1 minute. This is to produce a jelly like skin. Leave the chicken to cool, about 10 minutes. Brush the chicken gently with the dressing mixture.
8/  When cool completely chopped the chicken into bite size. Dress up the chicken with garnishing ingredients.
9/  Sieve the chicken broth * and keep aside for the rice and soup.

You can replace the whole chicken with chicken thighs or drumsticks
10/ If you're using drumsticks, boil the drumsticks for 5 mins and keep in the hot broth for 15 mins. Do not open the pot cover. After 15 mins, pierce the drumsticks with a fork or chopsticks. If no blood ooze out then it's cook. If blood ooze out boil for another 3 mins and keep in the hot broth for 5 to mins.
11/ Keep the chicken broth* to cook the rice and soup.


The key to succulence chicken meat is in the poaching.


This meal can be made a low fat diet dish.You may remove the skin from the cooked chicken before serving.


The cilantro sauce is one of the best for this poach chicken.

Garlic, spring onion, cilantro, red chillies, ginger, chicken fat.


Fragrant Chicken Flavor Rice
2 cups fragrant rice - wash and rinse
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch ginger
1 small cube chicken stock
3 pandan leaves ( optional )
2 pieces chicken fat
Chicken broth *


1/  Heat up the wok and render the chicken fat until oil released from the fat. You can keep the crispy fat for garnishing.
2/  Stir fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant, add in the rice and pandan leaves. Stir fry for 2 to 3 mins.


3/  Transfer the rice to the rice cooker, add chicken stock and enough chicken broth to boil the rice. Once rice is cooked, fluff  the rice with chopsticks.

Fragrant chicken flavored rice, delicious by itself......

Fish Ball Soup
Chicken broth
20 fish balls ( scalded with hot water )
Chinese lettuce
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of sesame oil


1/  Bring the chicken broth to boil. Add fish balls, salt, pepper to taste and a dash of sesame oil.
2/  Submerge the Chinese lettuce in the boiling broth and off the stove immediately.
3/  Serve with chicken rice.

Cilantro Dipping Sauce
1 bunch of cilantro leaves - chopped 1/2 inch length
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp black soya sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
Dash of pepper
2 shallots - slice thinly
2 tbsp chicken broth
1/2 tbsp oil


1/  Heat up the wok and add the oil. Fry the slice shallots until golden brown. Add oyster sauce and chicken broth.
2/  Lower the heat. Add light soya sauce, black soya sauce, pepper and cilantro leaves. Give a quick stir and remove from heat.

Ginger Sauce


Wash and peel the ginger skin. Chopped the ginger into small pieces. Blend the ginger with a bit of chicken broth until smooth. Add salt and vinegar to taste. You can add chili sauce if you like.

Serve chicken rice with soup, bean sprout salad and 3 type of special dipping sauce for delicious variety.

Chilli Sauce
4 red chillies
2 cloves garlic
Salt and vinegar to taste

1/  Wash and discard the chillies seeds. Chopped finely.
2/  Blend the chillies and garlic until very fine.
3/  Add salt sugar and vinegar to taste.

Need to practice and improve on my chopping skill. LOL

Bean Sprout Salad
200gm bean sprouts
2 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chicken broth
Dash of pepper
Fried shallots
Spring onion
Red Chilli


1/  Remove the bean sprouts tail. Rinse and drain.
2/  Bring 2 bowl of water to boil, off the stove. Blanch the bean sprout for 10 seconds. Drain off the water immediately.
3/  Add 2 tsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp chicken broth and dash pepper.
4/  Garnish with fried shallots, shredded chilli and spring onion.
5/  Serve with chicken rice and enjoy.

Dessert of the day 
Red Bean With Black Glutinous Rice

Beans are a healthy source of protein and by combining with brown rice or other complementary grains, you can create a meal with a complete protein, containing all the amino acids necessary for good nutrition.
Beans are naturally low in fat and cholesterol free. Red beans are also good source of iron, fibre and antioxidants.
  
300gm red beans
1/4 bowl black glutinous rice
Sugar to taste
Coconut milk
Pandan leaves

Beans aren't just good for the waistline, they may aid in disease prevention.

1/  Wash and soak the red beans for 4 to 5 hours. Drain off the water.
2/  Wash and soak the black glutinous rice for 2 to 3 hours. Drain off the water.
3/  Fill the heavy bottom pot with approximate 1500mls water, add pandan leaves, red bean and glutinous rice. When it boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours until softened. Remember to keep checking the water level, if dry add more water.
4/  When cooked , add sugar to taste. Serve hot or cold.

The long simmer makes this red bean soup soft and creamy. For a rich creamy flavor, add 1 tbsp of coconut milk to each serving.

 Have a fabulous week ahead. Cheers!

Amelia

112 comments:

  1. What a lovely complete meal! Our family loves this type of chicken rice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yen, thank you. That's very kind of you. Glad to know that you and your family enjoy loves chicken rice, me too. :))

      Have a nice day, regards.

      Delete
  2. Super ho jiak, Amelia!!! Just by looking at the pics, I am hungry again even though just after my dinner, I don't mind having another plate of chicken rice right now!!!
    It has been ages I didn't cook chicken rice. My family's favourite too. I love the cilantro dip sauce. Another dip sauce that my hubby and I like is fresh basil mixed with cilantro and blended ginger! Your chicken is perfectly done and the beansprout looks so crunchy!!! My favourite too, hahaha..
    Such a perfect wholesome meal with red beans and black glutinous rice dessert. I love it with coconut milk!!
    Thanks for sharing, dear :)
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear, thank you so much for your lovely and sweet compliments. Thank you for thinking so highly of me. Wish you're nearer than I can send some over to your house. :))

      I love the basil dipping sauce too, superb appetizing and need 2 big plates of rice. LOL
      So when you going to cook again? Yes, I love my red bean with coconut milk too but yesterday I forgot to buy...without coconut milk not much kick. :(

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  3. Dear pretty Amelia again outstanding. The chicken rice is good. Yes agreed it's a Hainan special dish and very few Malaysians can cook and get the result they hope. With your recipe here even I can cook this delicious dish. I used to enjoy having chicken rice at the chatterbox in Singapore . Now I can do it at home. A complete meal can be.enjoyed by the family young and the not so young. Thank you for sharing. God Bless and regards...Uncle AL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle AL, thank you for your sweet compliment. Your words always give me more inspiration and motivation. Thank you again for being so supportive to my humble blog, really appreciate it very much.

      The tricky part is the timing to cook the chicken. I'm glad to know that Uncle too enjoyed chicken rice. I'm sure you and aunty can cook better than me. Happy cooking and enjoy with your family. God bless you and family. Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  4. I don't know about the boiled chicken, I'd like to bake it a little too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, glad to see you again. For western style of cooking it's more on grilling and bake in oven. This boil chicken is typical Chinese style of cooking. Thanks for dropping by.

      Have a great week ahead, Regards.

      Delete
  5. I couldn't stop grinning over the Jacuzzi style chicken bath. Really made my day. I love the complete package and especially the chili and ginger dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nava, thank you. That's very kind of you, I appreciate it very much. Glad to know that you enjoyed my chicken in Jacuzzi bath. LOL

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  6. Hi Amelia! And yet another incredible meal, just like how chicken rice is paired in the famous Nga Choi Kai restaurants, better still since there are 3 different types of dips plus dessert too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lite Home Bake, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. Yes, this is a complete satisfying meal... homemade is still the best.

      Have a wonderful week ahead, regards.

      Delete
  7. Wow, what a brilliant post Amelia !
    I used to look for your new posts for some weeks and today I am delighted to see this wonderful recipe. You are a genius Amelia :)
    Beautifully written, brilliant pictures and good description peppered with humor. Great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rajiv, thank you. That's so kind of you, I appreciate it very much.Thank you for being so supportive to my blog. Sorry for lack of posting, after Chinese New Year decided to take a short break. And also my work schedule is a bit tight due to several projects in hand that need to do costing and planing.

      Anyway I'm back, will try to update as often as I can. Always glad to see you drop by. :))
      Have a great week ahead, regards.

      Delete
    2. Ohh...Amelia, many thanks for the compliments. Glad you appreciated the comment :)
      I forgot to mention about the back ground music. Wow, brilliant !
      Thank you and wish you too a great week ahead !

      Delete
    3. Hi Rajiv, glad to see drop by again, I appreciate it very much. Thank you, it's great to know you enjoyed the music. :))

      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  8. That's such a delicious meal.. So tempting.. Drooling here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, thank you for your lovely compliments. Will drop by your blog soon, sorry for not dropping since January.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  9. Hi Amelia!! Fantastic recipes. Your post is very interesting, thank you for sharing!
    Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurey y Menta, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  10. chicken rice looks absolutely yumm.. Going to try this during weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nandoos, thank you for your kind words and lovely compliments. Glad to know that you like the recipes. Happy cooking, hope to see your chicken rice soon.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  11. Hi Amelia~ Once again another wonderful and yummy post~ Outstanding~ It's always my pleasure to stop by for a visit~ The song "For the Good Times" brought back some old memories......and a few tears...Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thank you. That's very kind of you, I appreciate it very much.Glad you love the oldies song, I love them all. :))

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  12. Me encanta los sabores de su plato de pollo se ve increìble,me gusta tambièn los pollos bañàndose muy hermoso,saludos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosita, thank you for dropping by with your sweet compliments. I appreciate it very much. Glad to know that you enjoyed my posting.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  13. Oh my Chicken rice.....I am drooling here. chicken rice is my favourite, I wanted to try chicken rice at home, and was looking for a good recipe...thanks for sharing. btw you have mentioned chicken drumsticks can be used. that means whole chicken can be replaced by chicken drumsticks right?? if so will there be any difference it taste??? please clarify...thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeya, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Glad to know that you love chicken rice. Yes, you can replace the whole chicken with thighs or drumsticks, the taste is still the same. It save you the hassle of chopping the whole chicken too. :)) Happy cooking, looking forward to see your chicken rice.

      Have a nice day, regards.

      Delete
  14. Hi Amelia! I super love Hainanese Chicken Rice! I shall try your Amelia's Chicken Rice someday together with that yummy dipping sauce. I must try to boil the chicken the way you do it. I always love the steamed/boiled chicken at the chicken rice shop because it is so tender and flavourful. Thanks for the recipe and tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. You're welcome, hope to see your chicken rice soon. Happy cooking. Guess most of us in Asia love chicken rice.

      Have a nice day ahead,regards.

      Delete
  15. the chicken rice looks delicious.... a different way of cooking... would love to try it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rafeeda, thank you for your nice compliments. Yes, this is Chinese style chicken rice, give it a try I'm sure you will like it.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  16. Haven't exchange words in a long while....... hope you're well. I'm a huge fan of chicken rice. I've to say all ingredients are vital in making a successful chicken rice. I'm so hungry after looking at your post.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Sorry for not dropping by your blog, I took a little break after CNY. Anyway I'm back, will drop by your blog soon.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, thank you. That's very kind of you. Glad to know that you like chicken rice too. My recipe is very simple to follow, hope you will like it. Happy cooking.

      Have a great day ahead,regards.

      Delete
  18. Hi Amelia, outstanding! I have always loved chicken rice....and yours really finger licking fantastic! I can imagine polishing off 3 plates of rice and chicken if invited for your this dinner.
    Fortunately where we are there are restaurants having this chicken rice....but its the chillie sauce that makes the difference. The scent of the garlic, whatever.

    But yours with the bean sprouts, the soup, chillie sauce and black sauce is a forget mother's name presentation. Add in that delicious dessert, its a 2 holes belt loosening dinner, ha ha ha.
    Amelia, you are good! Wish I'm your neighbour.
    Have a great week, keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.
    ps, is that ayam kampong? Or European chicken? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thank you so much for your sweet compliment. Thank you for thinking so highly of me, I appreciate it very much. Your words sure give me more inspiration and motivation to improve better.
      Yes, the dipping sauce if very importsn

      Wish you are nearer or my neighbour then what ever I cook or bake sure to give you half of it. :))
      That's not ayam kampong or European chicken, it's city chicken brought from supermarket. You sure got great sense of humour.

      Have a fun week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  19. Hello Amelia,

    Oh my...Hainanese Chicken Rice is definitely my favourite. In fact, it's my whole family's favourite. But I am not as rajin as you are. Everything I use short cut. Chicken normally I will fry, rice will be stir fried with garlics and gingers, the sauce will use straight from bottle. Hehehehehe. But yes, if cook nicely, you can even eat the rice alone. So fragrant, so soft and so flavourful.

    Psstt... That Lee darling sempat lagi asking about ayam kampung kan. Very naughty la him...hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aziela, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. Me too, love this chicken rice any time. Yes, the rice is very fragrant and flavourful, glad to know that you and your family love chicken rice too. Most of the Malaysian and Singaporean love this dish.

      That's not ayam kampong, I use city chicken. LOL
      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  20. Hi dear Amelia...wah..can smell the nasi ayam fragrant from here hehehe...i Love Hainanese Nasi ayam..yummyyyy...

    Take care dear...and warm regards always..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Azwa, how you doing? Thank you, that's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. Me too, I love chicken rice any time. :))

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  21. Αγαπημένη μου Amelia με το υπέροχο χιούμορ σου, τις πανέμορφες φωτογραφίες σου, τις εξαιρετικές και νόστιμες συνταγές σου!!!!!!!
    Είσαι μοναδική!
    Σου στέλνω την αγάπη μου!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dearest Magda, thank you for your kind words and lovely compliments. Yes, this is a very nice dish, most of the Malaysian and Singaporean love it. Always love to see you drop by.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards. With lots of love to you.

      Delete
  22. I love this chicken...and have not had for a while...looks delicious my dear...you sure know how to prepare a great meal.
    Again, you always make me smile...thank you!
    Hope you are enjoying your week my dear :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliana, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. Glad to know that you enjoyed my posting, always love to see you drop by.

      Have a fabulous week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  23. Love the chicken in the jacuzzi! Really fun post, and good chow, too. Super post -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thank you for your kind words and compliments. I'd fun with my posting, it's great to know that you enjoyed my posting.

      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  24. You post never fails to put a smile on my face! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shar, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  25. All the food pictures look so delicious! Everyone has their own way of having chicken and rice in Asia but yours are so tempting. And your chicken pictures made me smile. Amazing photos, Amelia. Glad to know you are back after your break.
    And thank you for your words on my blog. I only have a small backyard so most of the veggies are grown in pots. Only the tomatoes and brinjals have the luxury of growing on the ground.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kanak, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Yes, there are many way to cook this chicken rice but the end result are very similar and taste equally good. I'd fun with my posting, it's great to know that you enjoyed reading them. I appreciate it very much.

      At least you got a small plot of garden to plant vege in your backyard. I only can plant in the pot but limited space. Anyway better than nothing. :))

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  26. Hi Amelia! Boy, have I missed you! I hope you enjoyed your break. I was on break for two weeks in February also but I too am now back.

    When I was a young mother, I use to make chicken soup pretty much the same way that you describe here. I think the chickens we use to buy were specifically called "soup chickens." I would love to try your method for making chicken and rice which I know both Marion and I would enjoy. Of course the dipping sauces will dress those babies up in yummy goodness. They are naked in that funny Jacuzzi now but just wait until they get dunked, lol...Thank you so much for sharing your method and your recipe Amelia. It is very sweet of you to fill our bellies with such deliciousness...Another wonderful post, Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, thank yo so much for your kind words and lovely compliments. I missed you too, anyway glad we are back to blogland again to have some fun. It's great to know that you enjoyed my postings. You're welcome,we are all here to share recipes and tips.

      Yes, this chicken rice is very fragrant and delicious. And it's not oily, it's consider a healthy dish. I'm sure you and yours will enjoyed this chicken rice. Yes, the dipping sauce is really awesome, without this the chicken will not taste as good...

      Happy cooking and have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  27. Oh Amelia , LOL when watching the chicken jacuzzi! You have such funny ideas.
    The chicken rice looks fantastic. Full of flavor and light and healthy too.
    I couldn't wish for more, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear Daniela, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. Yes, this chicken rice if very flavourful and the taste is awesome. Glad to know that you enjoyed my posting.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  28. Oh Amelia - I love how your chickens got some rest in the jacuzzi !! Were those the ones in your header ? Some mouth-watering recipes here - I think you've outdone yourself.

    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. LOL... those chicken in Jacuzzi not from the header. And those on the dining table are from supermarket not from my backyard. :))

      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  29. What a delightful spread , Amelia ! Chicken rice is one of my favorite dish and on my to-make list for quiet sometime . I couldn't help but grin everytime I see the photo of those chicken in ( kitchen ) jacuzzi :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, thank you. That's so nice of you, I appreciate it very much. It's great to know that you enjoyed my posting. Hope to see your chicken rice posting soon. Happy cooking.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  30. Great recipes (And photos) as always, Amelia! The chicken dish looks really good! I'm glad the chickens got to relax before being eaten! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, thank you for your lovely compliments. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  31. What a sumptuous meal, Amelia! I especially love the chicken rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich, thank your for your kind words and compliments.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  32. OMG! I loved this chicken rice recipe: so full of flavour! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Purabi, thank you, that's so kind of you. I'm sure you 'll love this chicken rice, it's indeed very tasty, Most of the Malaysian and Singaporean love it.

    Have a nice week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks so much for stopping by Four Seasons Blog Hop and sharing your wonderful recipe with us. See you next time:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thank you for hosting Four Seasons Blog Hop. Will be very glad to join you again. Thanks for your compliments.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  35. we like chicken rice,but we always try it from hawker centers.Thanks for the recipe.I need to try at home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amila, thanks for your kind words. It's great to know that you too love chicken rice. Happy cooking, it's quite easy to prepare at home.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  36. Wow! A really complete meal, right from starter soup to sweet dessert….I am so impressed! Every dish looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. I appreciate it very much.

      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  37. The chicken looks really tender and delicious, Amelia. I love that plate of bean sprout stir-fry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sngie, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. Yes, the bean sprout is a great side dish for this chicken rice.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  38. The most comforting dish ever!!
    lovin it with kampung chicken and kicking ginger flavour!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dedy, thank you for your kind words. Yes, this chicken rice definitely taste good if use kampong chicken.

      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  39. HI, my dear friend, Amelia. Since I last heard from you a few weeks ago, my dear and long life favorite pet kitty, literally passed away in her sleep (16 yrs old)...so sweet and devoted to me. I've been so sad since...almost 1 month now.

    I love, love all your chicken creations, and sooo cute photos! Love the fragrant chicken flavored rice, and all the side sauces. Also the bean sprout salad, is so amazing! Thanks for sharing! Love you, and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear Elisabeth, thank you so much for your lovely compliments and encouraging words. I appreciate it very much.
      Sorry for not dropping by your blog earlier cos I took a short break from blogging. Sorry to read about your pet, it very sad to hear about it especially it's with you for the past 16 years.

      Yes, this chicken rice is very tasty and very fragrant. I'm sure you'll love it. The bean sprout is a great appetizer or side dish. You can eat on it's own without any rice, it taste super.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards. With lots of love and hugs to you my dearest Florida sister.

      Delete
  40. Wow, this chicken recipe is amazing. So much put into it, you are a great cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chai, thank you for your sweet compliments. I appreciate it very much.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  41. Hi Amelia...
    You ni kan, sangat rajinlah. Siap buat cerita asal usul nasi ayam Hainan. Kalau I la kan, kalau I dapat masak chicken rice ni pun dah kira cukup baik let alone nak buat research pasal nasi ayam. Hehehe...

    p/s : Ayam you so seksi la... hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear MamaFami, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. LOL.... aiyah.. I guess I too free lah. Anyway I enjoyed share the info with all my readers cos my kawan from oversea may not aware of the history if chicken rice. Glad you enjoyed the sexy chicken.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  42. You've made me hungry again. I sometimes make chicken and rice, but I use a Westernized recipe. I'm going to have to try your recipe since it sounds so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. Yes, this chicken dish is delicious and the rice is very fragrant, I;m sure you'll love it. Happy cooking.

      Have a great day ahead,regards.

      Delete
  43. Dear Amelia, I love your style and your joy.
    This is a beautiful dish, healthy, fragrant and as always delicious.
    I hope all is well.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear Catherine, thank you for your lovely compliments. I'd fun with my posting, it's great to know that you enjoyed them. Yes, this is a very delicious dish, most Asian love it very much.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards. Gos blessed you and all at home.

      Delete
  44. Haha, I was laughing at the chicken Jacuzzi.
    All this food is making me HUNGRY!! I think I'll take my lunch break earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathleen, thank you. That's so sweet of you. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them.

      Have a fabulous week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  45. OMG, those pictures are so funny! Your recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spicie Foodie, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  46. Hi Amelia, so sweet of you, thanks for clarifying my doubt.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeya, you're welcome. Hope to see your chicken rice soon. I'm sure you'll love it.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  47. hey sweetheart ! firstly..apologies tha i cudnt drop by in here for quite some time. Really time up these days, thats y. Hope you keeping well. Loved the chicken plater..sure the rice has drunk in all the falvours of the chicken. So mildly flavoured. Yumm Yumm Yummy !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie, thank you for dropping by despite busy with your work and home. Not easy to take care of your 3 boys and working at the same time.

      Thank you for your sweet compliments. This chicken rice is very fragrant and tasty, I'm sure you will love it too.

      Have a lovely week ahead, regards. Be seeing you soon.

      Delete
  48. Yummy all the way, Amelia! Glad you're back and hope you're well!! I want all of the dishes, please =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thank you for your sweet compliments. Good to be back again after a short break. Always love to see you drop by. Yes, this chicken dish is very delicious, most Asian love this dish.

      Have a fabulous week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  49. Your posed chicken photos cracked me up! Too funny! And your chicken sounds fantastic! Love a healthy entree that leaves room for dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  50. wah…sexy chicken ;P
    walawei…meleleh airliur tengok your chiken rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thank you. That's so sweet of you. I appreciate it very much. You need any bib or tissue? :))

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  51. Oh my goodness! those food made me hungrryyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivian, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Glad to see you drop by.

      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  52. this is the family favorite any time. Your chicken rice looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, thank you. That's very kind of you. I appreciate it very much. Glad to know that you and your family enjoyed chicken rice too.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  53. It looks delicious!
    Have a nice sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cristine, thank you for your compliments.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  54. Hi dear Amelia,
    Sorry for my less and late visit :p
    My family love chicken rice and your chicken looks yum, yum, yum!
    How I wish i could have a piece of your succulent chicken now :D
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Mui, thank you. That's very nice of you. Glad to see you again, it's better late than never. I appreciate it very much.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  55. Amelia rice and the meal looks wonderful. the picture with the chicken in the sink is funny :) and the last picture is cute kind regards have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akheela, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments.Glad to know that you enjoyed the chicken pictures.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  56. You made a beautiful feast Amelia! This Hainanese chicken and rice looks incredible juicy and flavorful. You are too funny, never laughed so much over a delicious chicken post . Have a wonderful week:)
    J & C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J & C, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them. Yes, this chicken rice is delicious and I'm sure both of you love it too.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete

Life has meaning only if you do what is meaningful to you.
Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. (✿◠‿◠)
(⁀‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜