Sunday, December 8, 2013

Appetizer - Grilled Coconut Shrimp ( Part 2 )

Klik hier voor meer gratis plaatjes
How to wow your lover, hubby or MIL - Christmas  menu.
Yours truly still busy cooking in the kitchen......

Klik hier voor meer gratis plaatjes
While MIL is not here yet, relax and make yourself a cup of hot tea.





Hold on babe, the night is still young.....
Appetizer of the day
Grilled Coconut Shrimp
Ingredients
12 pieces shrimp
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp worcestershire sauce 
1 egg white
1/2 bowl fresh grated coconut
3/4 bowl plain flour

1/  Peel the shrimp shell and leave the tail on. Wash and pat dry.
2/  Marinate the shrimp with worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, chill in fridge.
3/  Beat the egg white until medium peak form.


4/  Coat the shrimp with flour.


5/  Then shower the shrimp in the beaten egg white.


6/  Dress up the shrimp with fresh grated coconut.
7/  Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and grease lightly. Grill the shrimp for several minute until slightly charred, turn the shrimp and grill the other side for another few minutes. Shrimp cook fairly fast, so do not walk away and gossip in facebook or whasapp.

This coming Christmas dinner don't forget to dress up the chicken salad...your guests who drop by for gossip dinner party might woooo and arrrhhhh.....over it.


8/  My grilled shrimp is ready to serve.

Thai prawn farm

Grilled till slightly charred to get the aromatic fragrant scent. It taste heavenly and.........
Klik hier voor meer gratis plaatjes
Yeah....it gets you sexy too.


Serve the grilled shrimp with pineapple dipping sauce.


If you want extra kick, drown the shrimp in the dipping sauce.
Klik hier voor meer gratis plaatjes 

Over indulge might makes you fat but we don't care about that...still look gorgeous, right?

Thai workers sorting out fresh water prawns for export.

Pineapple dipping sauce


Ingredients
1 bowl chopped pineapple ( Canned type )
2 tbsp syrup from the canned pineapple
2 jalapeño
2 to 3 tsp sugar or to taste
1/4 tsp salt
Lemon juice to taste

Arm down, pick up shrimp.....

1/  Chopped the jalapeño into small pieces.
2/  Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
3/  Chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
4/  Garnish with mint leaf.

Arm up, put shrimp in mouth......

One bite... roll your eyeballs and blink your eyes 3 times, you will be seeing shooting stars...........
✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜ ✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜ 
✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜ ✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜

I'm submitting this posting to Christmas Menu Recipe Challenge organized by Very Good recipe
Under Christmas Appetizer catogery

Continue to part 3 - Coconut Jelly  

32 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love this:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thank you. Yes, this appetizer is awesome, I'm sure you'll love it.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  2. Looks great. dear. Besides the food presentation, the new layout of your blog and post is just awesome!!! Feeling like going for a sexy catwalk too, hahahaha.... but alas!!! I don't have such figure to show around. Ahhh.... sigh..... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear, thank you. That's so sweet of you, I appreciate it very much. You're slim what.. why cannot do catwalk? Unlike me look like the fei mui.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear Amelia,
    Prawn is my favourite.
    Grilled coconut prawn with pineapple dips sounds kind of fusion and sexy!
    Wish I can grab some from you :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Mui, thank you. That's very nice of you. If you love prawn, you definitely like this appetizer. Wish you're nearer then I can share with you. :))

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  4. Compliments for this lovely post and nice recept Amelia.....i like it very much.

    Hugs, Joop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joop, thank you for your sweet compliments. I appreciate it very much. Glad to know that you enjoyed my postings.

      Have a great day ahead,regards.

      Delete
  5. Hi Amelia, I've made coconut shrimp a few times, with a sweet and sour dipping sauce, but I fry them...not grill them...I'm not fond of the burned coconut flavor! I love your new post with all the interesting info. I also do love your coconut shrimp...just would have to scrape off the burned pieces...ha, ha!
    Next time I will try your yummy pineapple dipping sauce, that looks amazing! Hugs, and best regards to you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth, thank you for your kind words and sweet compliments. I prefer grill or bake than deep frying cos less cleaning and more healthy too. Actually mine was slightly over grill but it's ok, not bitter but got very slight burnt scent. Yes, the pineapple dipping sauce taste heavenly, I'm sure you will love it.

      I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them. I appreciate it very much.
      Have a lovely day ahead,regards. A big hugs to you.

      Delete
  6. Your grilled coconut shrimp looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich, thank you for your compliments. This recipe is a winner, I 'm sure you will love it too.

      Have a wonderful day ahead,regards.

      Delete
  7. ooh my ! i am loving this MIL - DIL series !! and made me wonder at first..how come the pineapple diping suce is gren..and now..wowwaaa !! thatss soo cool..a dip. am bokmarking all these recipes..the sauce..shrimp...the tamarind chicken...everything..adn when i am done, i luk at that cute fat girl...dancing...and i am a happy dancing girl myself...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sona, LOL...I'd fun with this MIL - DIL series, it's great to know that you love them. Yes, all the 3 recipes is a winner, I'm sure you will love them. The pineapple dipping sauce is green due to the jalapeno chilli. I'm sure you will be seeing shooting stars. :))

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
    2. jsut dropped by to be reading your replies dearo ! You keep smiling..and keep these series coming !!! way to gooo !!!

      Delete
    3. Hi Sona, thank you for dropping by again. I really appreciate it very much. Thank you for being so supportive.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  8. Amelia , if only I just can grab those huge fresh prawns from the screen , I'll make this tantalizing appetizer right away ;D I bet it tastes delish esp with that pineapple sauce .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, thank you. That's so sweet of you.Yes, this prawns taste absolutely delicious with the pineapple sauce.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  9. Coconut shrimp is my favorite and I don't know if I've ever had them grilled---how unique! I can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Shrimps cook fairly fast, if you grilled it and the shrimp is still moist and tender. Happy cooking.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  10. Hi amelia.....nice recipe...so creative!! My advance xmas wishes to u and family dear. I have been missing for sometime now......but Ive always loved to check out ur updates. Keep rocking dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GK, thank you. That's so nice of you. Glad to see you back in action. Thanks for your X'mas wishes and your kind support to my blog. I appreciate it very much.

      Have a great day ahead,regards.

      Delete
  11. Hi Amelia, love how you sprinkle you post with some light moments. The food are already delicious but your brand of humour makes them absolutely delightful. Keep it up and all the best on your submission.
    Angue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, thank you for your kind wishes and lovely compliments. I'd fun with my posting, it's great to know that you enjoyed them. Thanks for your kind support.

      Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  12. Those coconut shrimps are absolutely delicious, Amelia. They are so crunchy yet so succulent and tender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, thank you. That's so sweet of you. Yes, it's a extremely delicious and fragrant. I'm sure you will love it.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  13. I've had coconut shrimp, but never with such a delicious sauce. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George, thank you for your kind words and compliments. You should this sauce a try, I'm sure you will love it.


      Have a great week ahead,regards.

      Delete
  14. YUM, like George ----we love Coconut Shrimp, but have never had such a wonderful topping for it… Looks awesome.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy, thank you. That's so sweet of you. I'm sure you and George will love this pineapple sauce.

      Have a lovely week ahead,regards. HUGS

      Delete
  15. I love tamarind and this chicken dish looks really delicious! Best wishes for the holidays, Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

      Have a wonderful holiday, regards.

      Delete