Thursday, May 10, 2012

GOING GAGA WITH COCONUT AGAIN......

Another coconut and greenly thingy again........LOL

Uncle Lee, compliments from me your favorite Durian Coconut Tarts.


My dearest Kak Queenie,  Pandan flavor coconut tart for you, your FFC

Coconut  Tart
Pastry ( make 28 pieces)

360 gm flour
60 gm icing sugar
2 egg
2 tbsp custard powder
180 gm butter( chilled)

Method for pastry

1/  Sift flour, custard powder and icing sugar.
2/  Cut the butter into cubes. Use you fingertips to rub the butter and flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3/  Beat egg lightly, add the egg into the flour mixture and mix lightly until pastry starts to bind together. Avoid overworking.
4/  Wrap with cling wrap and chill for 15 mins.
5/  Roll  the  pastry out thinly and evenly, cut with a ring cutter. Press the pastry lightly into tart mould. Trim the edge to remove excess dough. Prick base of each tart lightly with a fork.
6/  Bake the tart shells in pre heated oven at 150 deg c for 10 mins.
7/  Remove from oven, fill tarts with coconut filling to about 90% full.
8/  Bake in pre heated oven at 180 deg c for 20 to 25 mins until pastry is cook and top brown slightly.



Pandan Coconut Filling 

180gm fresh grated coconut
40gm melted butter
40 gm castor sugar
1 egg ( beat lightly)
2 tbsp condensed milk
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp pandan paste (optional) OR REPLACE BY 1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
Note: This quantity is for 14 pieces of tarts

Method
1/  Melt the butter, then mix  all the ingredients together and keep side for later use.

 For all my friends to love Pandan Coconut Tarts


For all my friends who love Durian Coconut Tarts

Coconut Durian Filling

140 gm salted butter
160 gm castor sugar
3 eggs
200gm durian flesh
200gm fresh grated coconut
2 tbsp thick coconut milk

Method
1/  Cream butter and sugar together, stir in egg one at a time.
2/  Add the durian flesh, coconut milk and stir well.
3/  Add the grated coconut and mix well.
4. Fill the partially cooked pastry case with the filling.


My Permanent Resident Got Bird-napped

Caught my doves in the act doing the hanky panky act... kissy-kissy

These pair of doves became permanent resident when they flew to our apartment 3 years ago. They are free to come and go as I don't cage them.

They fly back everyday for their breakfast, lunch, dinner sometimes tea break. Most times they do stay overnight sleeping on the pomegranate tree. Their favorite fooling around spot is the air cond compressor unit and pomegranate tree.

Dad & mum sleeping...zzzzz.ssshhh... don't disturb.


A couple of weeks ago, I was curious my doves stop coming back and not hearing any cooing sounds of the doves fooling around. Then my hubby found out there's a bird-napper in our neighborhood. My doves got bird-napped, we got no proof to finger point him but my hubby saw him lure the doves at the car park.

Past week I was very sad, missing my doves. Out of the blue, last Thursday afternoon one of the baby dove returned. Yeh... I was so glad and happy to see my dove again.


But poor little fellow lost his appetite and was cooing all the time looking for the parent and other sibling.


My doves doing yoga balancing, LOL

My doves best portrait of the year.


Three things you can't recover in life

THE MOMENT  after it's missed.
THE WORD after it's said.
THE TIME after it's wasted.

Have a nice week ahead to all my friends.

45 comments:

  1. Hua! Hua! Hola! Hola! i want to be the first one masuk you dapur!! oka i post dulu ini komen so i jadi first one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! Hola! okay now datang semula.. sebab nak make sure my coment yang tadi tu fist one okey! hahahaa.. haiyaa itu tarts aaa.. sangat sedap ley!!!!!

    i sanggup on my pc.. standby with my bibs.. tunggu you post N3.. wallaaa.. betul i teka.. you memang post masa i tunggu sampai nak tertido depan PC..
    tak pe.. tak pe..
    pasal Amelia yang beloved amoi i sanggup tak tido ini malam hahahaaa

    Pstt kali ni i pakai selipar... sebab i tahu you selalu ingatkan i....

    itu burung aaa.. sangat sweet Ooo.. gambar cantik.. wahh.. ada ong tau kalau burung selalu main rumah.. sama macam i... bukan sahaja burung kelawar pun banyak datang! huauauaauauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... << wolf menyalak hahahahaa

    Ehh.... i mau cek... sekajap hekkk........
    selipar.. ada...
    baju ada pakai..
    kain ada..

    wah lega.. semua ada...

    halamak!!! terlupa satu saja....

    nanti i sambung... sini tak boleh cerita hahahahah

    nite! nite! my dear muahhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tarts looks beautiful and delicious ! Need to try my hand on making some pastry again :P My last attempt , the crust were so skinny , it's embarrassing pfffttt :D Birdnapper ?! Ugh ! Need to keep an eye on them then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so delicious looking coconut tart. lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coconut tarts look great...and the pictures of the dove are adorable Amelia...thanks for sharing the them.
    Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to these! used to buy them everytime I passed by Petaling Street in KL but now don't go there much because I am staying too far away! Your lovely doves are back! Glad you are happy again:D Expecting more photos on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love anything coconut too !! And the tarts are so lovely looking...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amelia, thank you for the lovely tarts, my favourite kinds. Anything with coconut and pineapple I like.
    Very impressive your baking skills.
    Can see you a 3rd Dan Black Belt in baking. Outstanding!

    Really sad and disgusting to see someone would trap your doves who visit you and caged the poor things.
    Here, where I am, he will have very serious problems with the authorities.

    We too have doves almost similar to yours. They build nest on a tree just next to my car and lilac plants. But nobody dares trap them let alone cage them.Its against the law here.

    I have never liked birds caged. They deserve to be free to roam the skies.
    That person should be caged, then he'll know what's it's like.
    Best regards, once again, thank you for that lovely tarts.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My my my! I love coconut tarts. What kind of fillings also I like. Durian is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia
    I nak merajuklah! Buat tart dpt 28 biji tapi tak kasi I pun? Takper.. I bawak luka dihati sambil baling2 tepung..

    Sayang burung2 tu tinggal sekor aje. Nice pic taken. Tak terbang pulak burung2 tu masa you tangkap gambar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've just taken me back to my school lunch hall. That was the last time I've had, eaten or seen these tarts. Used to love them to bits! Thanks for bringing back those good memories. I'd skip the durian ones tho. Not a durian person :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my dearest Sha, today you 1st in the queue, LOL

    You standby in front of PC at 1.45am tunggu I posting? You cium bau durian tarts ke? hehehe

    I tak makan durian, so rasa nya macam mana tak tau lah but it smell heavenly.
    I suka itu pandan flavour aje.

    Itu burung sudah ikut I 3 tahun, cuma kesian 3 ekor dah kena tangkap dengan bird-napper. Sedih plak... but at least ada seekor lagi balik umah.

    Hey, you datang pondok I, apa you lupa tak pakai? hehehhe yang dalam punya kah?

    Ok, kita jumpa kat pondok you, tengok apa you masak for today.

    A big big hugs for you, muaahhhzzzz....................
    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anne, thank you for your compliments and kind words.
    This pastry very easy to make, don't roll the pastry too thin so that it won't punctual.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Spice up the curry, thank you for your compliments.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Juliana, thank your for your kind words and compliments.

    Oh.. yes, I capture quite a lots of the doves fooling around picture naturally. They seem to know when I took out my camera.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jeannie, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    You can give this recipe a try, it' very easy to make.

    Will post picture of my dove as and when I caught them in the act fooling around. Glad you enjoy them.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Joyce, than you for your compliments.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this,I used to buy this from bakery shop. Erm....maybe will try to make this....:)
    Thanks for sharing this....:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lee, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    You sure like coconut, pineapple & durian ya! This is my 4th posting talking about coconut, hahaha
    Next one maybe coconut again, LOL

    Ya, was sad and angry the bird napper kidnap my doves but no proof to argue to with him. Anyway people who caged birds will surely get their karma sooner or later.

    I had seen and heard a few of them who caged birds never lead a good golden years. All got medical problem.

    Glad that you like the coconut durian tarts.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sheoh, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Somuffins, hey.. jangan merajuk lei. I tak lupa you punya, I mesti ada something for you but sabar sikit, cayang!

    I sure ada surprise for you and give you extra portion. Ok tak? Jangan marah ye!

    Ya lah, itu burung I sakit hati betul. Tapi nasib baik ada lagi seekor balik.

    Itu burung dah biasa dengan I, duduk 3 tahun kat umah I so bila ambil camera dia pun sudah pandei posing.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    Psst.. tunggu I punya surprise for you, akan datang.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ping, thank you for your kind words and compliments. I don't take durian too so don't know how the durian tarts taste like.

    I only ate the pandan or vanila flavor.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi yummylittlecook, thank you for your compliments.
    Give this recipe a try, it's very simple and taste awesome.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi adiiikkk....

    haduiii..tercungap2 akak masuk sini, baru siapkan lunch utk school, arini masak tomyam ayam n ikan bilis kentang goreng kicap cili...n ikan goreng, dalam tomyam dah penuh sayur so no need masak sayur anymore hehe

    memang penat tapi....bila akak masuk sini haduiiii....sejuk hati, hilang penat akak timbul sayang kat adik akak yang alololooloo...
    cayang mmuah! mmuah! dah mandi belom? ekekeke

    ni kelapa dari toronto tu ker? waa...summer coconut, sure sedap eh?, haa...habis dah moist ni screen n kibod, adik noti dari JB punya pasal...ini tak cukup nak lap ngan bib, kena pakai blanket LOL...

    thank you so much my dearest adik.. lap you lap you! ok...lenkali jumpa akak belanja makan eh? tata!

    ReplyDelete
  25. U go gaga... i go cha-cha.... kita konsert sikit ya.... very tempting tart u posted my dear... save sikit untuk i ya..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Amelia..

    Ehh sokmo makan tart nenas,or cheese tart or fruit tart.tapi tak pernah plak makan tart kelapa..nampak cam sedappp...

    Ok masuk list dulu..nanti selit2 nak cuba tart kelapa..

    Thanks for sharing...love pic burung tu...muahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Amelia,
    Lovely tarts dear! The clicks of the doves are so adorable. Shame on that BAD birdnapper.
    So glad your babies are back :D.
    Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love custard egg tarts, portuguese egg tarts even more. Just ok with coconut or even pineapple tarts...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Eileen@Hundred Eighty DegreesMay 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

    I can see that the coconut fillings is moist which looks great. I am so tempted to make this...haha..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Amelia, I seldom have coconut tarts because I don't really like the desiccated coconut. I love coconut milk & coconut juice though, hahaha~

    What you said about "things can't recover in life" is so right! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi my dearest Kak Queen, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    Ini hari your menu manyak sedap ada tomyam ayam, ikan goreng. This two dishes I suka. hehehe

    Ini kelapa import mari punya, hahaha you tau lah I import dari pondok siapa. Lain hari singgah bawa selimut tau, in case mana tau next posting pun FFC dan coconut juga.LOL

    I jumpa you sure belanja you makan sampei kenyang dan best in town punya makan. Mana boleh tak belanja my dearest kakak.
    Nanti jumpa kat pondok akak.
    LUV you babe, Hugs.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Ogyep, thank you for your compliments.
    Come... come.... lets party dan do the cha cha.. hahaha No problem I save some for you.

    Have a nice day,me dear.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi CA, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    Ini coconut tarts very addictive, makan satu tak cukup. Kita party kat umah Kak Q, dia ada buat kuih hijau ngan kelapa juga.

    Jumpa lagi, have a nice day. muahhzzz........

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Anuja, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    Yes, was mad about the birdnapper but no proof to finger point him.
    But I'm glad at least one baby dove come back.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Suituapui, thank you for dropping by.
    I love egg tarts too but sometimes for a change bake different kind of tarts.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Eileen, thank you for your compliments.

    Give it a try, this recipe taste awesome.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Jessie, thank you for your kind words and compliments.

    I don't like dessicated coconut too, but this tarts require fresh grated coconut.

    Thanks, Happy Mother's Day to you too. Glad you like the quote.

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  38. now i know why you've been making so many coconut treats lately..i read that you've been plucking coconuts all the way from canada!! Beautiful tarts..almost can smell the coconut and the durian tarts from here! haha!take 1 each first. Poor baby dove! so now the older doves have gone away??

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Lena, thank you for your compliments. Please help yourself with the tarts.
    Maybe more coconut dessert on the way next week, hahaha

    Ya, left one baby dove, the parent got bird-napped.

    Have a nice weekend. regards.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love both the versions of this tart Amelia....they are simply gorgrous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Amelia-I never get tired of eating coconuts in dessert, or in some kind of exotic dish; another favorite of mine is coconut shrimp, which I haven't made in a long time. I always have a bag of shredded coconuts in my fridge drawer; stays fresher, longer!

    Love your amazing little tarts, the cute tiny tart pans...like I mentioned before, you have all the best little gadgets!
    Your little tarts look pretty, and so inviting!
    So sad that anyone would want to trap the "strickly outdoor" little doves. We have a bunch of exotic parrots on our island here in a specific section of an old neighborhood, that no-one better try to kidnap, because they would get fined dearly. These parrots have been around for years, after escaping from a bird sanctuary, and have been left alone. The island is famous just for these beautiful huge exotic parrots.

    Thanks for sharing the photos of your lovely and sweet little dove family, again!
    Happy Mother's Day to you, with love...and hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Suchi, thank you for your compliments. Good to see you again.

    Have a nice weekend. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Elisabeth, thank you so much for your kind words and compliments.

    I love fresh grated coconuts on dessert too, never get tired of eating it.

    I love collecting cute little baking gadgets. I prefer to make those cute little things too rather than bake a huge cake or pies.

    I was very sad my doves family was separated, now the poor little baby is cooing all the time looking for the family member.

    The law here only keep an eyes on those who kill wild animal and smuggles. This little birds they don't bother unless those who caught with large quantity for resell.

    Happy Mother day's day to you.
    Have a nice weekend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh how lovely! I love bird watching but not breeding. I have weakness on birds except home poultry. haha.....
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Kristy, thank you for your kind words. I don't caged them, they are free to come and go.

    Have a nice week ahead. Regards

    ReplyDelete

Life has meaning only if you do what is meaningful to you.
Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. (✿◠‿◠)
(⁀‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜