In the village, we may find many of these fruit trees as they are easily planted. Being tropical fruits, the seeds of the fruit trees and stems are easily germinate when rain and sun combine to make them very conductive to growth.
Some of the fruit trees in our little heaven are planted by my late father in law, many decades ago.


Grapes can power up weight lost, protect your heart, mop up brain damaging plaques, improve brain power, and anti aging.

Regular consumption of custard apple thickens and stimulates the collagen to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It increases the deposition of collagen and slows its breakdown, improving the elasticity of the skin. It also improves hydration in and around the cells, regeneration of skin cells and making the skin youthful.
Vitamin C in custard apple combats free radicals in the body, providing a healthy, flawless and glowing skin. It promotes a healthy cell membrane. The antioxidants in custard apple neutralize free radicals, hastening the process of regeneration. It helps to delay the signs of aging like age spots and blemishes.

Avocado is a rather unique type of fruit. Its often called Alligator pear due to the bumpy skin like alligator.


Beyond its usefulness as a food, however, soursop also contains natural compounds with medicinal properties, making it potentially beneficial for your health.



Low growing plant with green and purple sword shaped leaves.
Wash and cut one bundle of rhoeo leaves.
Wash a handful of barley.
Add 2 litre of water boil the rhoeo leaves and barley until barley turn soft.
Add rock sugar to taste. Discard the rhoeo leaves.
Serve hot or chill.



Lime peels can combat aging skin. The peels of citrus fruits contain an inhibitor of melanin production. With age and UV ray exposure, melanin, which gives skin its pigment, can build up and deposit itself as spots on your skin. Treating skin to a mask with bits of lime peel in it could reduce this hyperpigmentation.
Lime juice can help prevent formation of kidney stones and lower cholesterol.

Holy Basil has anti-anxiety effects. Simmer down on a hot, harried day by adding 2 or 3 leaves to your tea.
While waiting for the tea to steeping, hop onto your favorite lounge chair to relax.
Sweet potato leaves can be a great source of multiple water-soluble vitamins in the human diet, making them an attractive choice for your next dish.
Ribena plant. We harvest the fruits to make refreshing ribena drink.

Taken regularly, bitter gourd is said to have a glowing effect on the skin.
Try bitter gourd soup for more beautiful skin.
1/ Slice the bitter gourd thinly.
2/ Slice chicken breast thinly, marinate with soya sauce, little bit of corn starch, pepper.
3/ Bring enough water to boil, add bitter gourd and let it boil until soft. Add salt to taste.
4/ Add chicken meat, fish ball and let it boil for several minute. Remove from heat and add pepper to taste.
5/ Serve hot with rice.








Pineapple is also a good source of vitamins and minerals.



Star fruit may lower cholesterol levels.You can also use the pickled fruit for hangover. Just take one piece of the pickled fruit, steam in water and serve.
The fruit has also been used to treat sore eyes.
The star fruit is given to nursing mothers as it is commonly believed to stimulate the flow of milk.

Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating banana.
Do not consume more than 2 bananas daily due to the high potassium.

Delightful, lemony-flavored tea.
1/ Cut several long blades of foliage from the plant, wash them, and chop them into inch-long pieces.
2/ Then cover the bits of grass with water, bring the liquid to a boil, and steep for 10 to fifteen minutes.
3/ Sweeten the hot drink with honey, or chill the tea and serve it cold.
4/ Lemon grass drink is great to relieve fever.

Baked papaya
3 small pieces vanilla bean
6 teaspoons butter
12 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
4 oz thick coconut milk (chilled)
1/ Preheat the oven to 175 deg C.
2/ Split papaya into half. Remove the seeds.
3/ Split the vanilla bean and scrap out the tiny seeds. Keep aside.
4/ Wrap the papaya with aluminum foil, arrange the halves papaya, cut side up, in a baking dish with about one-half inch of water over the bottom.
5/ To the center of each papaya half, place a small piece of vanilla bean and the seeds, a teaspoon of butter, two teaspoons of brown sugar, sprinkle some cinnamon. Bake until thoroughly tender. (Approximately forty-five minutes to one hour.)
6/ Cool the papaya, pour chilled coconut milk and serve immediately.

This is one fruit that you can't exclude from your diet. It help to lower blood pressure, reduce heart attack and stroke.



Curry leaves have anti-oxidant properties and anti-bacterial properties that help fight against skin infections and also, it is a great remedy to cure hair fall and prevent premature greying of hair.

The unique aroma of the pandan leaves is commonly used as flavoring and colouring in Malaysia and Singapore cooking.

Wash 300gm glutinous rice and soak for one hour. Boil with enough water until the rice turn soft.
Add sugar to taste and stir till sugar melt.. Remove from stove and add the thick coconut milk.
Serve hot or chill.

Let me show you how to make the butterfly pea flower tea.
It's far too healthy and beautiful not to sip and sip this butterfly pea flower tea. So sit back with your feet up and enjoy sipping the flower tea.
It is said that the butterfly blue pea flower is one of the most natural herbal plant. It help in......
1/ Strengthen the hair for healthy growth, prevent hair loss and graying.
2/ Slow down aging, keep skin healthy and glowing.
3/ Enhance your immune system.
4/ Improves eyes sight and night vision.
5/ Enhance memory, reduce stress and depression.



Eating Jackfruit also keeps skin moisturized and well hydrated due to high level of water content in it. Water reduces dryness and lend a supple appearance to your facial skin. This further reduces the light wrinkles and fine lines on skin making it look younger and glowing.
Jackfruit contains high amount of carbohydrate and calorie that provides energy instantly. It is rich in antioxidants which protect from cancer, aging and degenerative disease. Due to rich antioxidants it is good for eye sight and protect from conditions like cataract and macular degeneration. It is a good source of potassium which maintains fluid and electrolyte level in balance. Also it improves bone and skin health.

Dragon fruit is a perfect fruit to maintain your weight and satisfy your sweet tooth.
It's also heart healthy, fill up on fiber, active antioxidants, fight diabetes, reduce signs of aging, suppresses arthritis and avoiding acne.







Malaysia style simple homecook sweet sour spicy fish, spicy cuttle fish, beef rendang, curry chicken, compressed rice, swiss roll cake and curry vegetables.

Have a great week ahead.
Amelia
Hi Amelia. I love this post with all the fruit trees in your garden. You are so blessed to have so many varieties. I find your sharing very useful especially for the Rhoeo plants and the Butterfly pea flower. Wow, what a bountiful harvest of rambutans and dukus. Sour sops are very expensive now and not easy to find in the local market.
ReplyDeleteHi Nancy, glad to know that you enjoyed my garden posting. Some of the fruits trees are planted by my late FIL many years back. Our durian trees bear fruits once only, then the following years the fruits and flowers didn't turn out so we chopped it off. The longan tree was too huge, the drain all damaged so get rid of it too.
DeleteAfter married me and my hubby stay here for about 15 years then we decided to moved to apartment, getting tired of sweeping the leaves and pulled the grass. But we go back during the weekend.
yes, soursop hard to find and very expensive, even custard apple too.
Have a nice week ahead,regards.
Amelia
Wow, you sure have a great variety of tropical fruits in your yard. Thanks for all the information about their usefulness for health and thanks for your comment on my blog Amelia.
ReplyDeleteHi Julia, thanks for dropping by. Glad that my late FIL planted quite a number of fruits trees for us to enjoyed. some of the fruits are now hard to find and very expensive too.
DeleteHave a wonderful week ahead,regards.
Amelia
Hi my dear friend, Amelia! Such an amazing and abundant fruit trees you have. We also have a few but not nearly as much as you do and of course some of those trees would not grow in S. Florida. Although the papaya is almost exactly the same as yours. You are so blessed to have so many variety of fruits and useful flowers as well. The Lechee fruit I'm so jealous of, and they are not cheap to buy here at our produce market. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos and useful information. Have a wonderful week, ahead.
ReplyDeleteSending lots of love, and hugs your way!
Hi my dear Elisabeth, thank your for your compliments and kind words. Yes, our family should thanks our late FIL for this piece of land and planted all the fruits trees. After married me and my hubby stayed her for about 15 years then we decided to moved to apartment cos getting tired of sweeping the leaves and pull the grass. hahaha..... But weekend we still go back, fooling around and had our family gathering.
DeleteWith lots of love and hugs to you. God bless.
Amelia
Awesome post....lucky to have such garden....
ReplyDeleteHi Niru, thanks for your compliments and kind words. Yes, we are lucky to have this garden to play around during the weekend and holiday.
DeleteHave a great week ahead,regards.
Amelia
Good morning Amelia,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful garden... so many plants and fruits! I would love to wander and potter around this place
Hi Elaine, glad to know that you enjoyed my garden posting. Actually after we moved out, we sort of missing staying here. hahaha..... But we go back every weekend.
DeleteHave a wonderful week ahead,regards.
Amelia
Thank you so much for sharing your awesome garden with all of us~
ReplyDeleteI had no idea so many wonderful plants and fruits grew where you live and
in your own garden! I am familiar with the papaya of course,and will be making your
recipe for Baked Papaya with Coconut Milk. The butterfly pea flower tea looks so refreshing!
Another wonderful and informative post. It was so nice to take a walk around your garden today.
Lynn @ Turnips Tangerines
Hi Lynn, thanks you for your compliment and kind words. There are many kind of tropical fruits in our country, what you see in our garden just part of the fruits only. Some of the fruits trees we chopped off due to too huge or either that some of the fruits trees are sterile, no fruits.
DeleteThe butterfly pea flowers is a very unique plant. I'll harvest some dried pea flowers and send to you later. Will let you know, currently my dried one all used up already.
Have a wonderful week ahead, regards.
Amelia
Those days when my grandparents lived in the kampung, fruit galore it was for us. Still remember the custard apple tree. Lots of fruits. Tried to grow the rheo plant but apa pun tak jadi. The bunga talang is grown in my little garden. Thanks for sharing how to make the tea with the flowers. Indeed such a lovely spread of food I see.
ReplyDeleteHi Nava, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Those day when I was also staying in the kampong surrounded by fruit trees. All year round we get to enjoyed free fruits until jelak. hahaha...
DeleteThe rhoeo plant very easy to grow, how come yours tak jadi?? Usually it grow very wild. If you need the plant, let me know I can courier to you.
Have a nice week ahead,regards.
Amelia
Amelia, this is truly heaven on earth! I love plants and flowers. I would be very happy living in an environment like this. Can be one with nature everyday. Wah, you can still climb trees! Respect!
ReplyDeleteHi Phong Hong, our family should thanks my late FIL for this piece of paradise and planted some fruits for us to enjoyed. Me and my hubby used to lived here for 15 years then we decided to moved to apartment. Now kind of a miss staying here. We go back every weekend to fool around.
DeleteHahaha.... my hubby made so much noise when I climb trees cos he said I not young anymore.
Have a nice week ahead, regards.
Amelia
wow...you live in a paradise! I love all those exotic fruits. Don't think I have ever seen custard apples before.
ReplyDeleteHi Angie, thank you for dropping by. Yes, we are lucky that my late FIL brought this piece of paradise for us to enjoyed. Custard apples hard to find and its expensive too.
DeleteHave a wonderful week ahead,regards.
Amelia
You always pack so much info and good stuff to eat in your posts! So much fun to read. ;-) Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteHi John, thank you, I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoy my postings.
DeleteHave a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
What a beautiful and delicious garden! My grandmother also grew loofah and used it as a dish sponge, so useful!
ReplyDeleteHi Jasline, thank you for your compliments. We don't eat the loofah, we harvest it to use as sponge but if use for shower, dry it after every use or else it grow fungus.
DeleteHave a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
Hi Amelia
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of you, and wanted to see what you are up to :) wow this post has made me really hungry for all of these tropical fruits especially rambutan :)
Enjoy :) talk to you soon Akheela
Hi Akheela, thank you for dropping by with your kind words and kind concern. Really appreciate it very much. Likewise, same to you too, hope all you and your family are doing great.
DeleteHave a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
Wow, that's not a little heaven... that's a huge heaven. So many varieties! I only have a tiny fraction of what you have. One rambutan tree, some lemon grass and pandan, some banana (basically just for the leaves) and a bit of tapioca.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are sure brave in climbing that rambutan tree :-)
Hi Oldstock, how you doing? Glad to see that you had fully recovered.
DeleteActually we had durian, longan and guava but we chopped off sometime back. The durian bear fruits once only and the following years the fruits didn't turn out. We were so tired of picking the rotten durians we decided to chopped it off. The longan trees was too huge the roots caused the drain cracked and broken.
Enjoy climbing trees since my younger days cos we stay near the dusun.
Have a nice week ahead,regards
Amelia
What a lovely post. I love tropical fruits like these - there are definitely ones here that I've never seen or had before though and I'd like to taste them all!
ReplyDeleteHi Amy, thank you for your kind words and compliments. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them. All these are tropical fruits and plants which it's hard to get from oversea except certain countries they do import some tropical fruits.
DeleteHave a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
Wow Amelia! That's so awesome that you live on such a beautiful place with so much blessed harvest! The soursop has got to be my favourite, and that papaya milk looks so healthy and nutritious! Love it! I always enjoy reading your write up, thank you for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sharon, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Glad that you enjoyed my posting. Whenever I need any of the herbs or vegetable just pluck from the garden.
DeleteSoursop is a very nutrition fruit but the price now is quite costly.
Have a nice day, regards.
Amelia
Amelia, what a great informative post! Very good and interesting! Most of this is new to me, but you are so lucky to have all that goodness in your back yard. It's all so lush and beautiful. I love papaya and want to try that the next time I can find some. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi Pam, thank you for dropping by with your kind words and compliments. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them. All these are tropical fruits and herbs which can only survive in hot climate.
DeleteThe baked papaya is awesome, do give it a try if you can get papaya from your local supermarket.
Have a nice day, regards.
Amelia
Hi! such a nice info from ur blog. nice to see all those trees.. and the music from this blog is really classic.
ReplyDeletei like it! have a great day!
Hi Cik Aann, thanks for dropping by my blog. Glad that you enjoyed my posting and the music.
DeleteHave a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
That garden is heaven indeed!! I remember the taste of Malaysian fruits... My husband was there a few years ago and he came back with plenty of dukong, rambutan and mangosteen. I gorged on them like one possessed. So sweet and delicious!!
ReplyDeleteWow, to have a garden like that is a blessing. I can relate to a garden that is not picture-perfect. Gardens are like that. And weeds grow so fast, it would be unnatural to show a garden with not one leaf out of place. What a beautiful and amazing place! Love your recipes. I'll surely try the baked papaya with coconut milk. Yum!
Hi Kanak, thank you for your kind words. We uses to stayed here for about 10 years and we had a huge fish pond. We kept chickens and turkey as well. And those days we got no maid and we are working shift duty. So after work most of the time and weekend are are cleaning the house and garden only. Was so exhausted with all the cleaning cos it's a 5 bedroom house. In the end we decide to move out to stay in an apartment.
DeleteBut we still go back during weekend and holiday.
Glad you enjoyed the recipes, the baked papaya is good very refreshing dessert.
Have a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
What a beautiful post.. you make me nostalgic.. many of the tropical fruits and flower picture you have given here.. it has been long I haven't seen long time..
ReplyDeleteHi Krishna, thank you for your kind words and compliments. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them,
DeleteHave a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
In my yard, I have mango, custard apple, banana pineapple, banana, breadfruit, paypaya and a fruit called Oti-apple. None except the mango are producing fruit yet, but we did get one bunch of bananas. I'm pleased I've heard of almost everything in this post!
ReplyDeleteHi Mark, Glad to know that you have all kind of excellent fruits in your yard. Mango is my favorite, don't mind eating it everyday. Yet to read about Oti-apple, will check it out in google later. Thanks for the info.
DeleteHave a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
Hi Amelia, I sure learned a lot reading thru your this very informative posting...what with not living in a tropical country....and yes, fruits are good for our well being, especially that sour sop. Its well known for prevention or fight against cancer.
ReplyDeleteHoly Smoke, love the pics of you climbing that rambutan tree....luckily no large kerenga ants, ha ha. Or you will be doing the hop scotch dance jumping down.
And all the pics are exceptionally well taken too. Outstanding.
I guess not many would have these kinds of fruits backyards in the city too....lucky you. And enjoying the fruits year round.
Have fun.
Lee.
Hi Lee, I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them, Yes, a lot of fruits are good for prevention or help fight against cancer especially soursop. But soursop are very expensive, unlike those days we can easily get it from our own yard.
DeleteThe rambutan tree no kerenga nats lah but got small ants. hahaha....If got kerenga ants, I don't think I want to climb the tree cos just in case i drop down like chempedak. hahaha...
Thanks for your compliments. :))
Have a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
Your place really looks like heaven with all these fantastic fruits.
ReplyDeleteWhen my husband ( best of all :) ) saw the pictures of the oven baked papaya he told me: I must try this- so I'll prepare the delicious looking oven baked papaya this weekend..
Amelia my friend, good to see your sporty side climbing trees, you are amazing!
Have a great weekend and thanks for this gorgeous post!
Hi Daniela, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Glad to know that you enjoyed my posting. Yes, the baked papaya is delightful and awesome. I'm sure both of you will love it.
DeleteI enjoyed climbing trees since young. During my younger days we are also staying near the fruit orchard, so all year round we enjoyed those wonderful tropical fruits.
Have a lovely weekend, regards.
Amelia
Dear Amielia, As you said it really looks like heaven, i can see all tropical fruit trees in your garden. i enjoyed seeing all fruit trees and vegies....i think you have moringa tree too in your backyard. i am seeing some fruit trees for the first time. thanks for sharing. Have a great week end.
ReplyDeleteHi Jemini, thank you for your kind words. I'd fun with my postings, glad to know that you enjoyed them. Yes, all these tropical fruits are wonderful and exceptionally tasty.
DeleteHave a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
Hi Amelia. sorry for being absent for so long. This is a great post and educational for us to know all the great herbs and fruits that Malaysia can offer. You are so lucky to hv yr own orchard. I love yr collection of fruits, herbs n vegetable trees. I especially like the avocado tree. I planted one from the seed but found out that it will never bear any fruits unless I got the plant from the nursery where its been grafted. So I threw it away although it was vet healthy n grew well.
ReplyDeleteLove yr post n hv a great weekend 😃
Hi Jenn, how you doing? Glad to see you back in action. Glad to know that you enjoyed my posting. Yes, most of our tropical fruits are delicious and with very good nutrition value. But to look after the garden is nt an easy job. hahaha....
DeleteHave a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
OMG, you're so lucky to have so many fruits & veggies in your garden! I'm so impressed, dear! So nice to be able to pluck them on the spot & then cook or eat them instantly. Envy! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley, thanks for your kind words and compliments. Yes, it's very convenient to be able to pluck fresh vege and fruits whenever its available. But watering and sweeping the leaves is no joke. hahaha...
DeleteHave a lovely weekend, regards.
Amelia
Hi Amelia,
ReplyDeleteThis is heaven indeed and it's by no way little! You are blessed to have so many homegrown fruits and food plants. Can imagine the joy of pluck and eat; can't get any fresher! Btw, thanks for dropping by my blog, appreciate it very much :)
Hi LHB, how you doing? Good to see you again. Yes, we are very blessed with all this fruits tree, herbs and vegetable. Whenever its available, we just pluck whatever we want.
DeleteHave a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
Oh my goodness gracious Amelia, heaven on Earth indeed! Your Father In-law was wise to plant such a variety of fruits and healthy plants. I learned so much from this post but most of all I got to enjoy your little piece of heaven escape.
ReplyDeleteI cn definitely understand you moving into a small space, may garden, not a smidgen of the size of yours is soooooo much work. I worry one day I won't be able to keep up with it.
I knew of some of the benefits of all these lovely plants. I am especially enchanted by the Blue Pea Flower. I wonder if it would grow here? Do you do your gardening by the zone map? You know me, I just love growing new things, lol...
I am saving this post espeially since sometimes I have seen these fruits in the grocery store and didn't know what they were. I LOVE that you have a Bay Tree. Oh how I wish they would grown here. Each and every one of your images is amazing, Amelia. I LOVED this post and will save it for when I see some of these items in the store. I will have healthy recipe references:)
Thank you SO much for sharing, Amelia...
P.S. I haven't forgotten that you like when the leaves begin turning here. They haven't started yet:) Thanks again, Amelia and thank you for your kind words on my blog...
Hi Louise, thank you for your kind words and compliments. Yes, we are indeed very lucky those days my father in law take the effort to plant those fruit trees and herbs for us to enjoyed. My late father in law does all the sweeping and watering and we help out during our off days. Now our Indonesia maid do all the sweeping and watering, we are only free during the weekend or holiday.
DeleteBut whenever we need any herbs, we just pluck fresh from the garden.
The blue pea flower is one little goodies for cooking or making flower tea. I'll harvest some flowers for you and also sending some of the seeds to you. I'd checked with my buddy in Kansas, she said can grow but during winter you have to put the plant in the greenhouse. This plant need to plant near the fencing or you can plant in the pot. Anyway you give it a try, I already start collecting the seeds and dry the flowers for you.
Thanks for remembering what I like. No problem, take your time. Appreciate it very much.
Have a nice holiday, regards.
Amelia
Amelia , I just love this post , reminds me of the fruits back home :D Love soursop , we called it guyabano back home and of of course , the dukong , it's called lanzones in our local dialect and we have a tree back home !
ReplyDeleteHow's the mooncake making ? lol
Wishing you a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival !!!!
Hi Anne, thanks for your kind words and compliments. I'd fun with my posting, glad to know that you enjoyed them,
DeleteThis year didn't make any mooncake cos I don't really fancy eating it.
Have a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
Must be great to be surrounded by all these interesting fruits, I guess you are so used to them, for me it's something new. That baked papaya.. yum!
ReplyDeleteHi Mila, thanks for your kind words. Yes, all these tropical fruits are very sweet and refreshing.
DeleteThe baked papaya is very delightful, I'm sure you will love it.
Have a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
Hi, Amelia,
ReplyDeleteWhen you are going to post a new story. Eagerly waiting for that..
take care
Hi Krishna, thanks for dropping by again. I'm tight up with some work, will be back next week.
DeleteHave a great weekend, regards.
Amelia
Wow dear...........You are really lucky and blessed to have a beautiful gaarden...the baked papaya is really awesome...Looking forward to try it someday...Your post are always a treat to read...I'm sorry for commenting here so late...I don't know how i missed such a lovely post..Take Care Dear...
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria, no problem you can drop by anytime. Yes, we are very blessed with this little garden, whenever anything ready for harvest, we just pluck whatever we want. Glad you enjoyed my posting.
DeleteWill be sending you the parcel tomorrow.
Have a nice weekend, regards.
Amelia
My cousin's wife is from Malaysia, I saw photos when they visited, beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteHi Mila, thank you for dropping by. Yes, there are many beautiful places to visit in Malaysia especially the island and beaches are wonderful.
DeleteHave a nice week ahead,regards.
Amelia