Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sweet, Crispy & Savory Waffles


I happened to read the G20 meeting in China about Canada's very good looking PM, etc... thus came across this Toronto waffle with fried chicken. Few years back, this sweet, crispy and savory dish trend took Toronto by storm, since then a lot of F & B establishment are jumping onto the bandwagon.
Waffle with fried chicken wings with maple orange sauce. We can easily make this dish in a bit under an hour.

Waffle - make 4 pieces
1 large egg - lightly beaten
1 cup butter milk
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp baking powder
1/ tsp vanilla extract

1/  Sieve the flour and baking powder together.
2/  Mix the flour, brown sugar, butter milk, egg and mix well.

3/  Add the melted butter and vanilla extract. Keep aside for an hour.

4/  Heat up the waffle iron, brush both side of the hotplate with butter. Scoop the batter onto the waffle iron and cover the lid.

5/ Cook the waffle till golden brown.  For best result, serve immediately.

Fried Chicken
6 chicken wings
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp rum
1 chicken egg - lightly beaten

Coating for chicken wings
300 gm plain flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp all spice
1 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients together and mix well.

1/  Wash the chicken wing and pat dry, cut into 2 section.
2/  Marinate the chicken wings with salt, light soya sauce, pepper, cayenne pepper and rum.
3/  Refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours.

4/  Coat the chicken wings with flour mixture evenly.

5/ Then dip the coated chicken wings into the egg mixture.

6/ Coat the chicken in flour mixture again and shake off the excess flour.

7/ Heat up the oil and deep fry the chicken wings until golden brown and cooked through.


Maple orange sauce
Juice of 1 orange
4 tbsp maple syrup or to taste
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp corn flour mix with 1 tbsp water.

Mix orange  juice with salt and maple syrup. Cook till warm then add the corn flour mixture. Cook till thicken and slightly boil. Remove from heat.

 A sweet, crispy and savory comforting combo that can be serve anytime of the day.

If you got nothing better to do, cut the watermelon into maple leaf shape.

A drizzle of sweet maple orange sauce on the waffle and chicken can really hit the platter hard.

 Another holy combination to enjoy waffle.
Waffle with caramelized banana and ice cream.

Add 1 tbsp of sugar with 1 tbsp of water onto the non stick pan. Cook till sugar melt and add the slice banana. Cook till sugar caramelized. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top the banana.

An irresistible snack, if you like can take this for breakfast too.

Waffle chicken sandwich is a great appetizer for potluck or parties.
Cut waffle into 4 pieces, put one slice of tomato, lettuce and fried chicken meat, top with another slice of tomato, lettuce and waffle again. Use the sandwich toothpick to hold the sandwich.

Drizzle the syrupy maple orange sauce over the waffle sandwich.

Crispy, crunchy pieces of chicken stacked on a fluffy golden waffle will definitely tease your taste buds.

Image result for beautiful day quote


29 comments:

  1. wow!!! so scrumptious... saw your post after a long time.. hope you are fine.. have a nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krishna, thank you for your compliments and kind thoughts. I'm fine, thank you.

      Have a nice week ahead,regards.
      Amelia

      Delete
  2. Amelia, so yummy the waffles, chicken wings, maple orange sauce and pisang goreng! Too bad I don't have waffle machine but I can still try the chicken wings, sauce and bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look absolutely droolicious, Amelia. Wish I could have one now :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid Amelia. Each version decked up with different topping is spectacular. Also, never heard of chicken waffles. Looks fab though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your combos are splendid!! And I love the maple leaf water melon pieces. I thought waffles only went with sweet. The chicken topping looks very tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely presentation with great combination of ingredients, Amelia! I'm drooling over here...... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Amelia, looks so appetizing. Thank you, i copied the recipe tapi tak ada waffle maker, never mind i figure it out.

    BTW, i went(again) to JB last wkend. Tried chicken chop at IT Roo (jln dobhy/jln pahang). chicken is sooo sedap, soft juicy.

    McK

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Amelia:)
    Chicken and Waffles are very popular here in Pennsylvania. I really really love the maple syrup orange syrup you shared too. Actually, all these waffle dishes make me want waffles right now, lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing, Amelia...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog Amelia...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have that same wafflemaker! I'd have to try the waffles and chicken and syrup to be sold.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your fall, and I hope you quickly recover and are back to normal. I love waffles, but have never tried either of these ideas. They both appeal to my sweet tooth. Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. caramelized banana is my favourite.
    (like the music being played)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amelia sorry to hear about the injury, my thoughts are with you hoping for a speedy recovery. This is a delicious combination makes me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amelia,
    Oh dear, sorry to know that you were injured due to a fall. Take care yourself and wishing you speedy recovery and back to blogging sharing your yummilicious treats very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amelia, hope you get better and feel better soon, sorry you were injured. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Amelia, I hope you feet better soon...by the way, I love your blog design...looks so much like you...always positive...
    The fried chicken and waffle looks fabulous...and yes, the maple orange glaze...yum! I love all the versions of your waffles...
    Take care my dear...hope to hear from you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to whip out my waffle maker again! It's time to get crispy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Amelia,
    I am always amazed by the recipes.
    It has a wonderful aspect!
    Everything here is lovely!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amelia , yoohoo ! Hoping everything is great ! How the back ? Take care , okay ? Re Canada's PM , he's as yummy as that waffle and fried chicken combo *sigh* lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! My kids were asking for waffle for dinner the other day! I guess I can make these for them next time! They will be super happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. How are you? You feel better! Already take my blog again, spend whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are recovering well. Drop me a line when you are ok. When can go for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope your doing well now ..this post is tempting me too much ..everything is just too good.the waffles,the chicken the sandwich ..

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always end up drooling after I look at your posts! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Olá, tudo bem?
    Adorei as belas receitas. Vou fazer essa banana. Está com ótimo aspecto.
    Quero te desejar um feliz natal e que este novo ano seja de grandes alegrias para ti e tua família.
    Bjos e até 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Dear, Amelia,
    I'm so sorry to just be finding out about your injury. I do hope you continue to be on the mend. I'm guessing you haven't heard about me no longer blogging either. I've been having some health issue also. When you're up to it, pass by my blog to hear the news and rwad about Marion's passing:(

    In the meantime Amelia, I just had to drop by to wish you a very Merry Christmas and to thank you for the many years of delicious recipes and insights you have shared through the years. I will miss you my blogging friend. When you're up to it, drop me an email I would LOVE to hear from you. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}} Louise

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have always wanted to make fried chicken and waffles!! It's been on my culinary "to do" list for years....your recipes look delicious~
    Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines 🍊

    ReplyDelete
  28. To all my friends, thank you very much for all your kind words and sweet compliments. Sorry am not able to reply all the comments in this posting. But I truly appreciate your time spent in my blog reading my posting and pen down your wonderful comments. Thank you to all of you for your kind support.

    Have a blessed year ahead, regards.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Life has meaning only if you do what is meaningful to you.
Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. (✿◠‿◠)
(⁀‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫. `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ ..✫¸.•°*”˜